To achieve the optimum performance from your birds, it is extremely important to provide fresh and clean drinking water. For this, water must be available reliably, free from contamination and within easy reach for the birds.
Big Dutchman satisfies all of these requirements in an ideal way – offering a wide range of drinking systems for broilers, turkeys, and breeders, as well as pullets and layers. Our product range includes:
- nipple drinkers with and without drip cup;
- special broiler and turkey drinkers;
- round drinkers for open water supply;
- cable winches;
- water connection unit with medicator.
In modern poultry production, nipple drinkers have proven to be a reliable and hygienic solution for the supply of water. They can be composed of the following parts:
- pressure regulator with rinsing system and indicator for water column height – side supply for a line length of up to 60 m
- pressure regulator with rinsing system – central supply for a line length of up to 120 m
- swivelling aeration unit with indicator for water column height
- pressure regulator with automatic rinsing system
- automatic rinsing aeration unit
- slope regulator – evens out a 10 to 15 cm incline
- aeration nozzle with valve – under normal operation, the valve is open to allow the air to escape
- circular tube with anti-roost wire
- aluminium profile with double antiroost wire
- 22 mm nipple tube with SaniStar®
- ... Top Nipple orange with drip cup
- ... Top Nipple with drip cup
- suspension system.
With DuoFlow, Big Dutchman offers its customers a new drinking system which uses a pump to circulate the drinking water inside the drinker line. This prevents the water from stagnating inside the line.
- constant water temperatures in the drinker line;
- even concentration of additives along the whole length of the drinker line → no sedimentation;
- no stagnant water in the drinker line → less risk of contamination;
- even water pressure;
- maximum length of drinker line with side supply up to 120 m;
- simple assembly by means of a patented snap-on system.
Top Nipple, Top Nipple orange and screw nipple
Both Top Nipple and Top Nipple orange are ideally suited for poultry finishing up to a live weight of approx. 5 kg. Both nipples have a passage rate of 80 to 90 ml/min*, thus providing sufficient water supply even for heavier poultry. The single-arm drip cup keeps the litter dry without hindering the birds from drinking.
Big Dutchman also offers 50 ml and 100 ml screw nipples for use in layer and breeder houses.
During the development of SaniStar® 4.5 with a passage rate of 50 to 55 ml/min*, we attached great importance to good hygiene. Summarised, this means:
- reliable valve → water is dispensed according to demand and without spilling or leaking;
- the saddle is welded onto the square nipple tube → the inner plug-in and fixation mechanism ensures maximum housing hygiene and does not create any crevices for dirt deposits;
- precise valve pin with 4.5 mm diameter and sharp-edged cut → larger water drops adhere to the pin, allowing the birds to take in water easily;
- utilisation of high-quality materials (stainless steel and special synthetic material) → long service life.
* at 20 cm water column
- smooth outside surface without corners and edges → maximum hygiene;
- 100 % vertical orientation and optimum resetting features → dry litter;
- easy horizontal and vertical activation of the valve pin → optimum water intake even for day-old birds;
- vertical activation of the valve pin → super-proportional increase of passage rate, also suitable for larger birds;
- double-sealed surface → high operational reliability.
The new PremiumDrinker was developed specifically for broiler finishing and consists of three main parts:
- larger nipple tube;
- CombiMaster drinking nipple;
- special drinking nipple protector.
This well thought-out system ensures that the birds always receive a sufficient amount of water and at the same time reduces wastage by splash water significantly.
Thanks to the use of high-quality materials (special synthetic material and stainless steel), the drinker is very resistant to chemicals. The passage rate amounts to approx. 45 ml/min at a 20 cm water column.
With Penduval, our product range offers a drinker specifically designed for turkeys (patent-no. EP 02023938.0-1260).
It supplies turkeys of every age (even heavy-weight toms with a live weight of over 20 kg) with sufficient amounts of clean drinking water.
The drinker consists of a cup which offers the birds open water, and a nipple with a pendulum.
In addition to nipple drinkers, Big Dutchman also offers various round drinkers which are used depending on the bird type and bird weight. These drinkers are usually installed in a suspended position.
The JUMBO-T and JUMBO-98 round drinkers are ideally suited for heavy turkeys from 2 to 25 kg live weight. The JUMBO-B drinker is suitable for turkeys of up to 12 kg live weight as well as layers and broiler breeders.
In floor management, it is very important to adjust the height of the drinker lines in relation to the birds‘ age. For easy and sufficient intake of water without spillages, the animals should have to stretch when drinking.
Suspended feeder and drinker lines can easily be winched under the ceiling. This also significantly facilitates cleaning and moving birds in and out of the house. The required suspension system consists of:
- cable winch, pulley and fixing material;
- cable and cable clamp and
- suspension material.
To allow for easy and secure raising of the drinker lines, Big Dutchman offers several cable winches both for manual and electrical operation:
- cable winch for ceiling or gable suspension with a hoisting power of 340 kg;
- cable winch for wall suspension including a crank with a hoisting power of 350, 650 or 900 kg;
- electrical cable winch, 0.09 kW, 230/400 V, 50/60 Hz for ceiling suspension including a limit stop with a hoisting power of 320/240 kg.
In addition to the described winches, Big Dutchman offers several other electrical winches that allow for the raising of several feeder and drinker lines at the same time.
Water connection unit and medicator for poultry houses
Today, a complete drinking system comes not only with the actual drinker, but increasingly with a water connection unit. This unit is installed between the main water system and the house water line and can consist of different modules which may be composed according to your requirements. The correct water pressure is adjusted via the pressure regulator.
The medicator dispenses the correct amount of vitamins and medicines into the drinking water. The amount to be dispensed can be adjusted precisely as the compounds are admitted to the drinking system proportionally to the actual water consumption. The respective compound and the water are mixed at the homogeniser outlet. Thus, the motor does not come into contact with the medications used → no blockages occur, longer service life.
Water-soluble medicines are extracted directly from their original packaging.
Water connection unit
- compact design → also suited for very small service rooms;
- easy assembly and easy to extend → all parts are screwed together, no sticking joints;
- all connecting elements are made of PVC → optimum corrosion protection.
- precise dispensing for all flow rates;
- high dosing range;
- high flow rate;
- long service life and high operational safety due to the use of high-quality materials (low sensitivity to a broad spectrum of chemicals when cleaned regularly);
- selective spare part kits for rapid replacement of worn parts.